Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy wrote: I'm still having that caching issue Kevin we dealt with last year with my ISP @ home.... I've been logging in through a proxy server..... Also is the twitter box coming back?
Twitter box is coming back with a new feature - it is the same on the main page but if you go to one of the boards it will only display tweets from people related to that board.  So if you go to the football board it will only display tweets from people related to football (Holgorsen, Stedman, Bruce, etc.).  If you go to "Once a Mountaineer, Always a Mountaineer" it will only display tweets from former Mountaineers.

The new version of the site has some new tools to try to fix your ongoing problem EERC, I just haven't had time to look at them and see what I can do.  I'll let you know when I make changes so you can see what happens.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Okay ladies and gents, I need your input.

I'm working on some changes to the PM system that are long overdue.  I have "read confirmation" of PMs ready to go, which has been a frequently requested mod.  What else do you and don't you like about the PM system?  Let me know.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I can't comment on how this is working with my Galaxy S 4G, but this site flies on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 FWIW.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

Yeah...surfing the full site with the Galaxy S 4G is just a pain now.  The best way to describe it is that it feels as if the touchscreen is not very responsive (which isn't true because it only does thay for this site).  I know it's not the connection because I'm using 4G, used this same connection with the Tab 10.1 last night, and don't have trouble with most other websites.  It shouldn't be the phone because this is fairly new and has some nice hardware in it.  Maybe it's just an OS issue with whatever you've done differently?  I'm running Android Froyo and waiting patiently for Gingerbread.  The Tab 10.1, on the other hand, runs Android Honeycomb.  Another possibility is that it is an issue with the browser.  I personally don't mind the default, browser, but I know most prefer prefer the other browser apps available.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'd say if you're running the Galaxy and the Tab on the same connection it has to be something with the phone, whether it be the OS, the browser or something else, that doesn't agree with the site.  I have an Archos 7 Android tablet running Eclair and it is snappy - certainly closer to your Tab than your Galaxy.

Since the upgrade I've put the Android and iPhone apps on fast track so I'll be interested to see how they perform.
Last edited by Kevin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

Keep me updated in particular.  I'll even volunteer to be the test dummy for the Android app if necessary.
Dogma
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by Dogma »

Am I missing something or did the chat feature go bye-bye??

Runaway Beer Truck...you will be missed
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Dogma wrote: Am I missing something or did the chat feature go bye-bye??
Chat will return soon.  The old version of chat didn't work with the site upgrade so we have to go with a new chat system.  I'd like to have it up this weekend.
Dogma
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by Dogma »

Kevin wrote:
Dogma wrote: Am I missing something or did the chat feature go bye-bye??
Chat will return soon.  The old version of chat didn't work with the site upgrade so we have to go with a new chat system.  I'd like to have it up this weekend.
That would explain it....thanks!

Runaway Beer Truck...you will be missed
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Why doesn't the spell check box respond to the enlarge button?  When I use it the only way to see everything on it is to continually use the slide bar to manuever it into view.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:
Why doesn't the spell check box respond to the enlarge button?  When I use it the only way to see everything on it is to continually use the slide bar to manuever it into view.
I'll check into it and see what's going on Tito.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Danka!

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I think I found the issue with spell check Tito.  Beyond what you mentioned it looks like it doesn't work at all from Quick Reply.  I'll see if I can't get a fix in within the next day or so.

I also made a database adjustment because the site seemed to be sluggish today.  It shouldn't affect the boards but if anyone has anything odd happen while they're on the site please let me know.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

Was browsing today on the Galaxy S and it seemed a lot better.  Not sure if or what you did differently.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

The last couple of days TMN has been very slow loading. From initial home page.. forum to forum threads, etc,. Frequently getting knocked off-line ..."Internet Explorer cannot display web page"
Just wondered if it's happening to anyone else. (everything else other than TMN seems to be working normal. on my computer)

DISCLAIMER-WARNING: