Re: The Suggestion Box

Rules and Regs for TMN
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

[quote=""marcolian""]The new front page is out there, just not pretty or functional. Hang tight and I'll have both of those issues rememdied in a couple of days.

Thanks.[/quote]

I was going to say that it seems a little awkwardly placed. I love the additions but there is too much space between them and I hate scrolling down to see the message board. Unless you're already going to do it, maybe consider putting them as a tab on the side. Of course, the fanciest thing you could do is to have a slide out tab, but that's asking for too much.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Do to overwhelming response (see, we do listen...sometimes), we have moved the topics back to the top of the page, moved the twitter to the right hand side and added a Hot Topics area. Hot Topics are the 6 topics with the most replies in the last 24 hour period. This will differ from the most recent topics, which you can tell from the forum listing on the main page.

Hot Topics will be done sometime today (Saturday). We have a load of other new and cool features we will continue to roll out.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

Can we get a "cat fight" or "pissing contest" smiley?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

[quote=""ShartOnPitt""]Can we get a "cat fight" or "pissing contest" smiley?[/quote]

How about a catfight: :deadhorse:

And a major overreaction: :baby:

Please use them with discretion.

I'll have to review which emoticons are getting the most use and move some of the lesser-used ones to the second page.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

ABSOLUTELY perfect marco!!!
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I just realized something Marco, and I'm not sure if it was your intent or not. With the TMN hot topics, some of the more permanent threads will be forever up there, such as festivus or recruiting. If you wanted that to happen, so be it. If not, you might want to adjust it so that it's only those topics "of the moment," so to speak.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

[quote=""DAE""]I just realized something Marco, and I'm not sure if it was your intent or not. With the TMN hot topics, some of the more permanent threads will be forever up there, such as festivus or recruiting. If you wanted that to happen, so be it. If not, you might want to adjust it so that it's only those topics "of the moment," so to speak.[/quote]

Good point DAE. We should probably pull out at least the Football Recruiting thread and Festivus from the Hot Topics listing. Recruiting will have it's own direct link soon enough and Festivus is pretty easy to find.
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

I get, understand, and like the hyperlinks for the ads, but why is "Virginia University" hyperlinked to Phoenix on the main page? Is that an error or does Phoenix want it that way?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

[quote=""ShartOnPitt""]I get, understand, and like the hyperlinks for the ads, but why is "Virginia University" hyperlinked to Phoenix on the main page? Is that an error or does Phoenix want it that way?[/quote]

We don't have any ads SoP. If something is hyperlinked on the main page it is probably an add-on installed in your browser.
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

[quote=""marcolian""][quote=""ShartOnPitt""]I get, understand, and like the hyperlinks for the ads, but why is "Virginia University" hyperlinked to Phoenix on the main page? Is that an error or does Phoenix want it that way?[/quote]

We don't have any ads SoP. If something is hyperlinked on the main page it is probably an add-on installed in your browser.[/quote]

Ahhhhhhh....

I was checking in, using my Father-In-Law's computer. That explains it!!! Thanks!

I thought you guys might have tried to hop on the after-Thanksgiving ad bonanza to rake in some extra loot!
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Hey Marco, hows about a temp. Bowl Game thread?
To keep all the posts and info about bowl games, TG's, hotels etc.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

[quote=""Stormineer""]Hey Marco, hows about a temp. Bowl Game thread?
To keep all the posts and info about bowl games, TG's, hotels etc.[/quote]

Good idea Strom. Done. http://themountaineernation.com/viewtop ... f=3&t=3537

Post info about travel, hotels, tailgates and events in that thread. I'll put a link to it on the front page as soon as our bowl is finalized.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Aight my homies, the TMN pickem will be up tomorrow (not tonight, sorry). We're going to do a straight-up pickem, a pickem against the spread and an over/under pickem. Not all the odds are out and probably won't be until after Army plays Saturday so we'll put the straight pickem out tomorrow (with Temple vs. UCLA/Army) and the others on Sunday after the odds are posted for all bowls.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I've been getting a lot of timeouts from multiple computers across several different networks lately and it only occurs with this site. Are you working on something, is this from heavy traffic, or is this something that affects me alone?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

nope. Me as well. It's been driving me crazy. I was hoping it was the bowl pickem
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.